Canadians are so polite.
We’re so nice that only a quarter of us would rat out someone we knew was cheating on their taxes.
Yep, your next-door neighbour is pulling in a little cash with a handyman’s job.survey Canadians about cheating on taxes.
- Only 27 per cent of Canadians are likely to tell Canada Revenue Agency if they knew someone was cheating on their taxes
- 57 per cent would look the other way
- One in five know someone cheating on their taxes
- 60 per cent of men and 60 per cent of Canadians over age 55 are less likely to report someone they know is cheating
- 72 per cent would notify the CRA if they had been overpaid on a tax refund
See how we’re honest when someone is too nice to us? Or might it be fear of retribution when the CRA aligns its columns and discovers its own mistake?
Coaching for small business
Don’t miss out on our Forzani Business Coaching workshops.
We’re partnering with FBC to bring you the Business Academy, a 12-workshop series on business fundamentals; the Sales and Marketing Academy; 1 to 1 Business Coaching; and the Franchisor, a customized program for franchisees.
Contact A1 Accounting to learn more or sign up.
Have you Fallen Into Orange?
We’re still looking for entries into our #FallIntoOrange photo contest. Don’t worry if your pictures are snow-covered … that’s part of the beauty of autumn in Calgary!
Take your picture and add it to our Facebook page. You can also Instagram or Tweet it with the hashtag #FallIntoOrange.
We’re taking submissions until Friday, November 15.
Here to help
A1 Accounting, a Calgary accounting and bookkeeping firm, is here to assist you with your taxes and planning. We specialize in personal taxes and small-business accounting and financial services. Contact one of our tax specialists and we can help you optimize the tax benefits and credits available to self-employed individuals and small businesses.
Fill out our contact form or give us a call at 403-226-8297.